Update: Students, staff dismissed after electrical panel shorts out

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Students were dismissed at about 10 a.m. from school after a first-hour evacuation of all students and staff yesterday morning. Classes resumed as normal today.

According to a district email, everyone was safe, and first responders as well as Ameren and Spire arrived promptly.

A condensate trap failed and released steam which caused an electrical panel to short out in the basement of the high school. Because of the work needing to be done on the electrical panel, students were dismissed.

According to a district voice mail, “The safety of our students and staff continues to be our highest priority.”

 


Visit Our Sponsors



Categories: News, Slideshow

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: